Monday, January 6, 2014

Appreciating the Beauty of A Man (Not Just the Physical Bit)

Partially in response to K&P post Why Is It So Hard for Men to Be Beautiful?
When I first told my submissive that he is beautiful, he said the exact same thing. He has never been called beautiful before. He knows he is handsome, hot and sexy, plenty of women told him that, but beautiful? The way he said it made me want to smack someone, preferably all the people in his almost thirty years of life who have never told him how beautiful he was.
Or perhaps I should thank all the people in his life who never told him he was beautiful, because he is to me and now he is my beautiful submissive/boyfriend.
Mine. To compliment, to protect and to play with.
And he IS beautiful. Magnificently so.
Sure, he is handsome. He is not boring to look at for a glance or a few hours. Sure, he is hot. God knows my hands cant stop touching every inch of him.
And sure, he is sexy. He loves to run and has a few marathons and half-marathons beneath his feet. The sight of him shirtless can make me feel dizzy.
But he is also beautiful. He is strong-willed and stubborn as hell. He is caring and warm. He is bossy, at work and a little out of work too, but I accept that when D/s is not in play. He is considerate and a bit of a romantic at heart. He has a slight hero complex, which I say thanks to his good upbringing, but I selfishly wish he can be less of a hero. And of course, he is submissive among so many other facets of him that I am discovering everyday.
How can a person with as many facets as a diamond, not be beautiful?
And my point is this. Beauty does not just apply to my sub. He is beautiful to me because I took the time to study him, to know him, to learn every facet of him. Okay. I had to tease/trick/use force occasionally to bring out some sides of him, but mostly, I listened and just talked to him. And the more I learned, the more I am intrigued and fascinated. I guess this is love.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
Every single one of us with our faults, imperfections, quirks, unique personality, kinks, fetishes, hobbies and interests is beautiful. Like a diamond in the rough.
Perhaps the only question then is when someone will tell you you are beautiful. It is easy. When you give someone the chance to see you and someone takes that chance to learn the real you, to see you for who you are with all your beautiful imperfections, it is a no-brainer that they will say this.
You are beautiful.